THE FOREST THERAPY GUIDE TRAINING
Our forest therapy guide training provides the skills and confidence for you to become a forest therapy guide, giving you the tools needed to be a professional practitioner in an exponentially growing field of inspiring and holistic health-care that is breaking new ground in human and planetary health. Through taking our training you will also become part of an experienced international community of forest therapy guides who together are continuously expanding the frontier of this practice forward to reach an ever-increasing spectrum of clients and health-care professionals.
It is a six-month process that starts with an 8 day intensive, followed by a six month mentored practicum. In these six months you will gain the competency to work with the public and health-care professionals
Guide Training Is...
Time deepening in nature. Time learning a little more about yourself. Time gaining skills to assist others in their journey to deepen their nature connection. Time joining like minds from around the world who are becoming certified guides in cities, towns and in rural areas.
The 8-DAY TRAINING INTENSIVE
There are three key aspects to the training intensive:
An experiential journey into our framework of forest therapy, giving you the opportunity to deepen your own personal nature connection journey. It is essential that every guide experiences the benefits of this practice for themselves. This embodied understanding will give you the ability to be able to understand how the practice works, which is essential for guiding others through it effectively.
An intensive training in all the core components of guiding forest therapy. Core components include:
- Mapping the experiential sessions to reveal the hows and whys of the practice
- Learning the standard flow model of a forest therapy session
- The essential forest therapy guides tool-kit
- Learning and understanding core forest therapy invitations
- The fundamentals of what it means to be a guide 'The Guides Path'
- The language and anatomy of a forest therapy invitation
- Using 'The Way of Council' as a key tool for deepening sharing
- Exploring the Senses as the foundation of embodiment
- The role of forest therapy in the larger movement of human and planetary health
- Core areas of scientific research when working with health-care professionals
- The culture of feedback, a key tool for supporting each other to grow and deepen our guiding skills.
- The client-centered approach to guiding immersive relational experiences
- Building connection with your cohort as an on-going network of support and best practice
A practice ground for you to begin your journey of guiding forest therapy, with the support of your peers and trainers. During the intensive itself you will get the opportunity to begin your guiding practice. This will support your confidence and is an important stepping stone to guiding during the practicum portion of the training. You will have the opportunity to guide both your fellow students and your trainers, receiving their valuable feedback.
THE TRAINING TEAM
Each intensive is delivered with a high teacher to student ratio. Each cohort contains no more than 16 students and will be lead by a four-person training team, two trainers and two experienced forest therapy guides acting as assistants.
The six month mentored practicum that follows the 8-day intensive is completed through distance learning. During this time you will both integrate and deepen what you have learned during the intensive, with the support of an experienced forest therapy guide as your mentor. The practicum consists of two 'tracks', your personal nature connection track and your forest therapy guiding track. There is a bundle of assignments you complete every month that draw from both of these tracks. The practicum culminates in an open book exam and a virtual graduation ceremony.
The core areas of learning during your practicum are:
- Naturalist Knowledge
- Deepening your understanding of the essential forest therapy tool-kit, through personal nature connection experiences and guiding experiences
- Learning tea plants that occur along forest therapy trails
- Deepening knowledge and connection of place
- Guiding the standard flow model of the forest therapy experience
- Exploring and understanding the expanding body of scientific research supportive of immersive time spent in forests as well as nature connection as a whole
Support You Will Receive During Your Mentored Practicum
During your six month mentored practicum journey you will have the following support available to you:
- A personal experienced forest therapy guide mentor with whom you will have monthly calls
- Monthly village calls where you circle up with your cohort, sharing experiences with your peers and receiving support from the different mentors of your cohort
- Monthly webinars where experienced forest therapy guides share their expertise
- An on-line forum where you can share ideas, inspirations and questions with the whole forest therapy guide community
- An exclusive on-line library of resources to support your learning journey
- A comprehensive forest therapy guides handbook
- A practicum coordinator who is there to support you with any administrative needs you may have
This training is for you if:
- You have had healing experiences with nature and feel a calling to help others receive this healing
- You are a therapist and are looking for a tried and tested nature connection framework to integrate your work within
- You work within the field of complementary health and want to expand your professional offerings to include therapeutic nature connection experiences
- You love forests and want to learn a technique to help others connect to forests
- You are a life coach and want to support your clients to connect more intimately with their own inner nature
- You are searching for a tried and tested model of eco-therapy that is both transformative and practically learnable
- You want to become part of a thriving community of nature-based health-care professionals who are collectively expanding their field of expertise
- You work within the field of embodiment and want to take it out doors to connect to the larger earth-body
- You are a nature educator/nature connection facilitator and want to expand your toll-kit
- You are a health-care professional and want to learn and/or experience a nature connection technique for prescribing green prescriptions